Monday, February 20, 2006

Positioning this blog in space and time

My very first blog entry! I’ve been putting this off for so long; it’s gotten to be a habit (a bad one). To start I suppose I need to position this blog and set some expectations.

Me:
I’m a solutions architect

This blog:
Every so often I’ve got something useful to give back to the community (or at least I hope I have). I’ve benefited a lot from other peoples blogging endeavours. Now it’s time to give a little back. Along the way I’ve disovered some stuff and I’ve had one or two interesting thoughts that I wanted to share, now I have a home for them.

Right now I’m interested in a couple of things BizTalk and Software Architecture to name but a few. Along the way other technologies might rear their ugly (or not) heads so don’t be surprised.

Me and BizTalk (BizTalk and I)
I’ve been working with BizTalk 2004 for what seems like an age now. I’ve been experimenting with BizTalk 2006 since Beta 1; I even demo’ed BizTalk 2006 at the November launch. I promised at that demo that I would put up a blog and post material from that presentation (expect to see it shortly).

So what should you expect?

  • General musings on architecture
  • Information on the embryonic Irish Architect SIG
  • BizTalk howto’s and stuff that I think is cool in the 2006
  • If you've ever wondered how to become an Architect then follow the Chronicles of an aspiring Architect

I think my friend Daragh nailed it on the head when he set the goals for his blog
‘Learning, helping and making a little money’
If I can do that with this blog I’ll be happy.

No comments: