Monday, February 20, 2006

BizTalk 74-135 Passed!!

I finally sat and passed the Biztalk 2004 74-135 exam. I'm now BizTalk certified (or certifiable depending on who you taIk to). I've seen lots of requests for tips on this exam. I'll do what I can within the rules of the certification program.

This checklist is targeted mainly at developers who develop but don't manage or administer BizTalk 2004.

I think that the exam is a pretty fair guide of someone's overall knowledge of the BizTalk platform. As described it covers everything the platform has to offer. Therefore if you answer 'NO' to any of the following then I suggest you look to the help and/or the BizTalk Unleashed book.

You know BTS but-

  • have you used BAM
  • have you used BAS
  • have you used HWS
  • have you installed BTS
  • have you configured tracking
  • do you know your pipeline interfaces
  • do you know your adapter interfaces
  • do you know how to configure BTS for performance

If the answer is no to more than 2 of these questions then aren't ready.

Personally I've never used HWS and I'd be lying if I said I had more than a passing aquaintance with BAS. So I basically took a chance that I would do well on the bits I did know, as it turns out I was must have.

It looks like the 2oo6 exam will be very similar. If you are using BizTalk alot then very little study is required otherwise do it at your own risk.I’m just gutted I didn't do it last year. I've been putting it off since last May.

No comments: